Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they post a new Top Ten list complete answers. This week's Top Ten list is:
Top Ten Tuesday - Freebie! Your time to pick whatever topic you'd like! The topic I'm picking for this week is: What are my top ten favorite books that got me into reading at a young age:
1. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emusca Orczy (This book had adventure, romance, intrigue, suspense, and did I mention romance? Also, it was beautifully written.)
2. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. (Made to read it as a summary reading assignment in school, but it really got to me.)
3. A Separate Peace by John Knowles. (Set in a boarding school and about two boys. See I was reading YA even then!)
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Duh!)
5. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne (Beautiful story. A forbidden romance.)
6. Harlequin Presents romances. (Too many to mention)
7. The Fall of the House of Usher by Edgar Allen Poe (Just about anything by Poe, but this story in particular.)
8. All of Shakespear's plays. My favorites: Much Ado About Nothing, Macbeth, Julius Ceasar and Hamlet.
9. The Lady of Shallot by Alfred Lord Tennyson. (An epic poem that I fell in love with when I read it.)
10. The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry (A beautiful story of love and sacrifice.)
Leave a comment and tell me what yours are!