Linking back to Feed Your Fiction Addiction, and to It Starts At Midnight who host the 2015 Discussion Post challenge.
My Discussion Topic This Week - How do you organize your review posts? As a blog reader, what kind of organization do you like to see?
Just looking at other blogs, it is easy to see that everyone has their own style when it comes to how they put their review posts together. Some insert a cover picture, include publish date, link the book to a purchase site, etc... Some post their reviews by including a summary and then just writing their review in paragraphs below it. Others will break up their review into categories such as:
- What I liked and then What I didn't like
- Others put a section for each major element of the novel and then talk about them, such as: Characters, Plot, Romance, etc.
- Others will title their blog posts with "Review:" and then the title and author
Personally, I've previously done the following:
- Book title and author in the subject line
- A picture of the cover
- Book title linking back to Goodreads
- Release date and publisher
- A summary from Goodreads
- My review posted in paragraphs below
There are so many different ways to do it. But does putting the word "Review:" in front of the title in the subject line something you need? Should the review be broken down into categories as described above? What is the best way? When you're reading other peoples' blogs, how do you prefer to see the information presented?